Tabs

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

could it be the first day of fall?

Sleepy.

So sleepy.

Ben washes his hands downstairs in the sink and my eyes fall shut.  I'm not sure I have anything to say just now, but I will find something, won't I?

Life is a little overwhelming for the time being.  Yarn, tangled in balls (puddles and hoards) on the floor and two doll quilts need retying if only I had the time.  No, the energy.  I do have the time!  I'm just sleepy. :)  So, too, is my dump of patterns on the living room carpet.  Sprawling bits of vintage pretty, waiting to be categorized, lumped into "baby" and "women" and "men".  Sweet Home Sweet is a mess!  But at least we got rid of the ants.

We had T-bone steak for dinner, oven baked fries with cheese.  It could have been more in sticking with my proper diet (no potatoes?), but I wanted those hot, crunchy-soft, cheese smothered... yum.  Would you believe I put sour cream and bacon on top?

We eat low carb here.  It's true.

When we're being good.

When we're not, it's tonight.  Peppermint tea + peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.  An odd combination?  But perfectly, crumbly-sweet and delicious!  I made them last night (the cookies) -- Ben helped -- sugar, peanut butter, almond flour, eggs and baking soda.  Simple, grain free, if not low carb.

Today was cool enough for a jacket, although all I had brought to campus was one of Ben's flannel shirts.  Over my white tank top, and coupled with hot fall coffee, it sufficed.  I'm not ready for fall, but I am ready for a break in the heatwave.  It was really quite a perfect day, weather-wise.

And even though I'm not ready for fall, I am ready for sweaters.  Those, I've missed.

Maybe more tomorrow.

Goodnight!



No comments:

Post a Comment