Tabs

Monday, September 24, 2012

knitting for baby: a little layette

My sister, her son and the little one on the way (that's baby Owie), are arriving home today!

And so, in honor of the occasion....



I made this little set for baby Owie.

Since they're moving home from Australia now, he might actually be able wear them.  If they'd stayed in Australia, he would have been born during summertime.  Not so conducive to sweaters, hats and socks.

yarn: sugar and cream (off-white), vintage dishcloth cotton (red)
needles: size 7, 16" circular, size 7 dpns
pattern: Quynn, by Wooly Wormhead

I love this little hat pattern.  It was simple to knit up and it covers the ears but doesn't require earflaps to be knit separately.  I made the 16" size.

yarn: same as above
needles: size 7, circular
pattern: Ribbed Baby Jacket, by Debbie Bliss




I've been eyeing this pattern for a while now.  It just looks so cozy.  I want one of my own.  Simple to knit as well, like all of the other Debbie Bliss patterns I've knit up.  She makes the cutest, sweetest baby clothes, doesn't she?

yarn: same as above
needles: size 7 dpns
pattern: my own

And, of course, tiny socks.  I can't resist tiny socks.  They knit up super fast and I happen to think they're quite useful (as long as they aren't kicked off).

Well, there's some more of what I've been knitting recently.  Have you been up to any making or crafting?  I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment